Thread: Cannot access "server" programs unless client IP added to trusted zone

xytras Guest

Default Cannot access "server" programs unless client IP added to trusted zone

Please forgive the cross-post w/ the configuration forum, but thought this might also be appropriate in this forum:

I'm having problems with the ZA Free and am about to pull my hair out over it. I'm hoping someone can explain what's going wrong w/ my setup. Here's what's going on:

I've got a PC w/ a direct connection to a DSL line (no router in between), so the PC itself gets an IP from my ISP. On this PC, I'm running a couple of different server apps that I want to allow external clients to connect in to. I.e. FileZilla FTP, RemotelyAnywhere, RDP, etc. Under program control, all of the server apps have been set to allow for "Access" and "Server" - "Trusted" and "Internet" on both. Green checkmarks all the way across. When ever a client tries to connect to this PC on the ports that these apps are using, they're blocked by ZA and denied access. ZA never even prompts me that the clients are trying to connect. Only by adding the client's IP's to the "trusted" zone are they allowed to connect to the server apps. Now, to me... since I've secured the server apps to allow "server" in both the "trusted" and "internet" zones, these apps *should* be allowed by ZA to accept connections. Am I wrong with this assumption? Any pointers would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Cannot access "server" programs unless client IP added to trusted zone

I'm not sure it will work, but I posted a suggestion to try on your other post.

Thread Information