Thread: Oracle Calendar Client Desktop : Connection dropped after 2 hours

ctranc Guest

Default Oracle Calendar Client Desktop : Connection dropped after 2 hours

Hi,
    I have Oracle Calendar Client desktop installed on my PC.
    The connection to the server is dropped after about 2 hours consistently.If I shutdown Zone Alarm, my coonection isn't dropped.
    Thank you for your help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:

billc Guest

Default Re: Oracle Calendar Client Desktop : Connection dropped after 2 hours

Have you granted the 'Oracle Client' Internet access in your Zone Alarm Program Control?

ctranc Guest

This is what I did in Zone Alarm:

In the Program Control window, in the entry for CorporateTime/Oracle Calendar I have:
    "Allow"
    under the "Trusted" column (both Server and Access).

Anything else I should be doing ?

Thanks a lot.

billc Guest

When the Oracle Calendar Client Desktop gets dropped after a couple hours, can you still surf the internet or is that dropped too? BTW, you probably only need to grant 'access' under both Internet & Trusted zones, but the application probably does not need server rights in either zone, so put blue question marks and let it ask for rights if needed.

ctranc Guest

The internet connection/other applications are still running.Only the connection to the Oracle Calendar gets disconnected.

billc Guest

Check this if you would...go to your ZA Programs Control > Programs, right click on the Oracle Client, then click on 'Options' and uncheck the 'Filter Option' box if it is checked in the first place. Also try adding the Oracle server IP to the Trusted zone in your Zones panel. I wish I were familiar with the application and maybe I could be more helpful.

Thread Information