Thread: Accessing Feedburner sites

jakanden Guest

Default Accessing Feedburner sites

Hello,

I am running into a Problem with ZA Pro 6.1.737.000 and Feedburner feeds (IE: http://feeds.feedburner.com/BurnThisRSS2). Every single feedburner feed I attempt to access using either a web browser (Firefox or Opera) or an RSS feeder (Ziepod or SharpReader) does not load. The feedburner system works fine on my Linux machine (Same network, same ISP) so it is not a matter of my ISP blocking anything.

I have searched the forums for "Feedburner", "Feed" and "Burner" and have yet to locate anything relating to this. Has anyone else run into this problem and know of a way to fix it? I have already added http://feeds.feedburner.com to the privacy list and allowed everything and it still does not work.

Any ideas would be apprciated as Feedburner support is useless heh. Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Accessing Feedburner sites

First try this. Go to your ZAP Privacy > Site List, right click on the Feedburner entry and select 'remove. Now right click on the ZAP icon in your system tray, select 'shutdown Zone Alarm Pro', wait 2 minutes, and now open ZAP again from your shortcut or All Programs menu. Now go back to the Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter feeds.feedburner.com/ then click 'ok'. Next locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again. Any luck?

If that did not work, then go to your Privacy > Main panel and turn off all of your main Privacy blocking. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again. What happens?

jakanden Guest

I just noticed the reply and I thank you for it. I am at work right now, but will try this when I get home and let you know.

jakanden Guest

<blockquote><hr>BillCherryAtl wrote:
    First try this. Go to your ZAP Privacy &gt; Site List, right click on the Feedburner entry and select 'remove. Now right click on the ZAP icon in your system tray, select 'shutdown Zone Alarm Pro', wait 2 minutes, and now open ZAP again from your shortcut or All Programs menu. Now go back to the Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter feeds.feedburner.com/ then click 'ok'. Next locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again. Any luck?

If that did not work, then go to your Privacy &gt; Main panel and turn off all of your main Privacy blocking. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again. What happens?
    <hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, It did not work. I have tried in three browsers as well as two RSS Feeder programs and still no go =(

billc Guest

Hmmm ....one of the two suggestions should have worked. Does the feed work if you should down Zone Alarm? If so, then I'd suggest you reset your ZA database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

jakanden Guest

I discovered the problem. I periodically download a custom HOSTS file for security and the newest version added feeds.feedburner.com to their block list. Why, I have no idea but now it is working.

I apologize for bothering you guys =)

Thread Information