Thread: LSA Shell (Export Version)

obg1941 Guest

Default LSA Shell (Export Version)

Rec'd query from ZoneAlarm to allow LSA Shell (Export Version). Presently, it is marked Access Trusted Internet, but blocked Server Trusted Internet. I have been told that the associated files lsass.exe should be deleted, as they are a trojan or virus. My files date back to 2002, so they are not a recent addition, are they in fact, malicious, and should they be removed? Thank you for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: LSA Shell (Export Version)

<blockquote><hr>obg1941 wrote:
    ..I have been told that the associated files lsass.exe should be deleted, as they are a trojan or virus... ...and should they be removed? Thank you for any help.
    <hr></blockquote>

lsass.exe is a Windows system program that handles login and it should never be removed. Its likely Windows will protect it so it can't be removed.

However, there is a trojan that can look exactly the same Isass.exe and this is what needs to be removed. Note the first letter, in the Windows file it is a lower case &quot;L&quot; while in the trojan version it is an upper case &quot;I&quot;. Depending on the font, both filenames can look identical thereby causing the confusion.

flyyourway Guest

put your network connection into the &quot;trusted zone&quot;,and those querries will disappear.

obg1941 Guest

Thanks for the help. To FlyYourWay: I'm not exactly sure what you mean by network connection. Is this a setting within
    Program Control of ZoneAlarm?

flyyourway Guest

Open ZA goto the Firewall tab,then click on the ZONES tab,under the New Network,see the last entry which says ZONE?Right click on it once and choose TRUSTED.

obg1941 Guest

Thanks again, I think I'm ok now.

Thread Information