Hi,
I hope someone can help me with this.
I am having the problem whereby every now and then my Internet connection will stop working.
It is not my DSL connection causing the problem as this was not an issue in the past until I installed Zone Alarm Security Suite and my other computer still works fine.
I have read how it could be an issue with DHCP, DNS or Gateway IP addresses not being in the Trusted Zone so I have added all these devices to the "Trusted" zone and set the security to Medium for this zone.
I was running proxy DNS on my DLINK DSL604+ Wireless DSL router but have disabled this in case this was causing problems.
However the connection can fail during mail downloads so I do not think this is the problem.
I am running DLINK wireless connection from my computer but as mentioned above this had never been an issue in the past.
I am running NAT on my DLINK router and have also include the router gateway address in the trusted zone.
I have also enabled the Internet Connection Sharing and set the router gateway address 192.168.0.1 as the Local Address that is used as the NAT gateway.
All of this is to no avail, my Internet connection continues to intermittently stop and by simply engaging the Internet Lock or stopping Internet activity for a few seconds and simply hitting the web page in question again - away it goes.
I am at a loss as to why this is happening and as a previous user of Norton's I am wondering if I should pass back to the dark side again.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help - cheers Brian G.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Software Version:6.0