Thread: Can't use ksolo.com player while Zone Alarm Pro is running

mjamja Guest

Default Can't use ksolo.com player while Zone Alarm Pro is running

Hi!
    I just found
    a great website with a special kareoke player in the web browser.
    Trouble is, I can't play any songs unless I completely shut down ZA...Since I don't want to do this, I thought I'd try to configure ZA....This is what I've done:
    Zone Alarm Pro,
    Driver, and TrueVector version
    6.1.737.000License KeyAll Systems Active
    for site: www.ksolo.com
    Unblocked: session cookies, persistent cookies, 3rd party cookies (including allowing web bugs, leaving private header information)No Ads BlockedNo mobile code control
    ZA (Cache Cleaner):Cookies for ksolo.com never
    expire.Then I cleaned the cache.cookies removed except for ksolo.com cookies
    IE:
    ksolo.com website allow all cookies
    I scanned for spyware with Ad-Aware and it came up with no critical objects (for now....)
    Still, the ksolo.com player will not work if Zone Alarm is running. Did I miss an option somewhere?
    Thank you,
    Monica

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Can't use ksolo.com player while Zone Alarm Pro is running

Hey Monica. You did exactly the right things to get the site to work. Customizing the site and then unblocking everything will usually do the trick. But alas, there are a few sites that will not work if any main Privacy blocking is turned on and it seems this is one of those sites. To use it, you can leave your firewall running, but go to your Privacy > Main panel and turn off all Privacy blocking then refresh the page.

I tried to look at the page's source code, but they've got it blocked. I'm almost positive it is written with JavaScript which is getting hosed by your ZAP's JavaScript insertion in order to make Privacy blocking functional.

arson Guest

Default Re: Can't use ksolo.com player while Zone Alarm Pro is running

<blockquote><hr>BillCherryAtl wrote:
    Hey Monica. You did exactly the right things to get the site to work. Customizing the site and then unblocking everything will usually do the trick. But alas, there are a few sites that will not work if any main Privacy blocking is turned on and it seems this is one of those sites. To use it, you can leave your firewall running, but go to your Privacy &gt; Main panel and turn off all Privacy blocking then refresh the page.

I tried to look at the page's source code, but they've got it blocked. I'm almost positive it is written with JavaScript which is getting hosed by your ZAP's JavaScript insertion in order to make Privacy blocking functional.
    <hr></blockquote>

Greetings
    BillCherryAtl (one of my favorite Gurus) ... my same sentiments exactly ...

ZA's Privacy
    Controls
    have really generated a lot of post's lately, haven't they ? ... as you can also see from some of my recent replies to some members
    but I just wanted to let you know I like your post
    ... it's
    informative, concise and speaks about the java insertion
    ... plus I
    totally enjoyed
    your use of
    the word alas ...
    it's sort of medieval like ...
    just like me :8}...

Take care and best regards ...

Arson D. Dragon

billc Guest