Thread: Zone Alarm, Firefox and Livejournal...

medie Guest

Default Zone Alarm, Firefox and Livejournal...

I just got Zone Alarm, it was installed for me by technicians at the store where I purchased my computer. I installed Firefox (the most recent version) on my computer and then tried to log into Livejournal.

Everytime I go to the http://wwwlivejournal.com/login.bml site and put in my username and password and get the code of the page, not the log in page. I go to internet explorer and try the same thing and it works fine. I've been told it's likely a setting in Zone Alarm that's somehow interfering with livejournal through firefox but I don't know what and I've looked everywhere and can't find anything. Please help!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm, Firefox and Livejournal...

Try this. Go to your Zone Alarm Privacy > Site List page, click on the 'add' button, enter www.livejournal.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

cherylo Guest

I'm having what sounds like the same issue as the original poster.

I have tried the suggestion (setting complete permissions--private headers and web bugs and all--for the domains livejournal.com, www.livejournal.com, and myusername.livejournal.com) and found no change in behavior. If I turn ZA off and log in, I have no trouble.

You may need to go into your browser and turn down its native privacy settings. Also try using the privacy advisor in ZA. There is a page on my site that shows you how.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information