Thread: Windows XP Media Center Extender Connectivity Issues with a Linksys WMCE54AG Media Extender

laudermi Guest

Default Windows XP Media Center Extender Connectivity Issues with a Linksys WMCE54AG Media Extender

I have Windows XP Media Center Service Pack 2 with a Linksys WMCE54AG Dual Band A/G Media Extender.
    I can run Media Center just fine when Zone Alarm 6.1.737.000 is shutdown.
    However, as soon as I start it back up, I loose connectivity.
    My Extender is hard-wired with a CAT5E.
    I have found a website on Microsoft that details the preference settings for Zone Alarm; however, I am still having issues (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...zonealarm.mspx).
    If I only use the Windows Firewall with Zone Alarm shutdown, I have no problems either; however, I would prefer to use Zone Alarm over Windows Firewall. Therefore, can you please clarify what the settings in Zone Alarm need to be in order to run Media Center and its Extenders smoothly?
    -Greg

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: Windows XP Media Center Extender Connectivity Issues with a Linksys WMCE54AG Media Extender

What changes did you make to the firewall settings from the default settings?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

laudermi Guest

Default Re: Windows XP Media Center Extender Connectivity Issues with a Linksys WMCE54AG Media Extender

I have not manually changed any of my settings to my knowledge.
    The Media Center did not work with the "default" settings, and as a result, I opted to utilize the settings per my last post that was on Microsoft's Webpage.
    Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thread Information