Thread: INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

jilly Guest

Default INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

Please help.I am not 100% computer literate but I do try my hardest.Since installing the new version 6,I cannot print certain pages from the net.The messsage I recieve is as follows....Line:93

Char:1
    Error:Access is denied
    Code:0
    URL:res://c.\windows\system32\shdodc.dl/preview.dlg.Do you want to continue running scrippts on this page?It's driving me mad.HELP

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

Hi JILLY,

In my opinion it does not look like a Zone Alarm problem, but I could be wrong.
    PLEASE go into your "C" Drive folder, then to Windows folder, and then to System32 folder, scroll down the list and try to find the following, Scrrun.dll.
    Place your mouse over it or right click the file, it should tell you the version you have installed.
    PLEASE post back with the version.
    The reason I have is, one of my friend's had the very same problem and it was an old version of this file, which was causing the same error messages.
    I rather check first, before we start changing things around with Zone Alarm.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

SlyFox:8}
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

Hi SlyFox...many thanks for replying to me.The file version is 5.6.0.6626. I originally tried to renew my Zone Alarm over the internet for a further
    year for free,but I had so many problems that I actually bought the new version from Amazon.Have had several problems already and have felt quite pleased
    with myself that I have put them right...but I can't get to grips with this printer one.Hope you can help.:8}

Hi JILLY,

BTW, there is a newer file version for your Script.
    Here is the link if you want to update it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Here
    are the instructions on fixing the problem with your printer, if this not fix it, PLEASE post back.

To share printers and files with other computers on your network, you will need to configure ZoneAlarm to allow access to the computers with which you plan to share resources. To configure ZoneAlarm for file and printer sharing, first make sure that your network is in the Trusted Zone.

To make sure you can connect to your home network and share resources, open the ZoneAlarm user interface > click on Firewall (left-hand column) > and select the Zones tab.

Under the Name column, find your home network (it might be the only listing). Under the Zone column, click one time on Internet.

A little box should appear (as seen in the picture below) that says "Internet" and "Trusted". Click on Trusted.

Close ZoneAlarm.

Next, go to Firewall (left-hand column) > Main tab > and make sure that the Internet Zone setting is on "High" and the Trusted Zone setting is on"Medium".

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

5. Default Re: INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

X-( Hi Sly.....tried both your suggestions.Downloading the latest script gave me this message:Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file.You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.Any ideas plese.Thank you for your very prompt response and you too have a good day.:womanmad:

Hi JILLY,

I've been searching for a solution to these two problems.
    For the printer problem, PLEASE try the following and hopefully
    it
    will solve the problem.

Did you give spoolsv.exe Access Rights at ProgramControl Programs?
    Spoolsv.exe is a Microsoft Windows system executable which handles the printing process to your local printers.

Open ZoneAlarm at your taskbar.

Go to Program Control Programs tab. Scroll down and have a look for spoolsv.exe. Give it Access rights with a mouse click.

A green check mark for Internet and Trusted Zone. You don't have to give it Server Rights.

Now, about the downloading problem.
    When you want to download from a site, you will need to turn off Mobile Code control in your Privacy > Main panel. Once you do that, close all your browsers and clean your browser cache then try to download again.

Make sure your browser settings in Internet Explorer under Security is set at Medium, this also could be causing your download problem.
    I just went back into that Microsoft site and had no problems, as my Browser settings are at the Medium level right now.

Hope this info has helped you, if not PLEASE post back.

Message Edited by SlyFox on 03-29-200606:06 PM

7. Default Re: INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

Hi Sly...managed to download latest script etc.Checked everything you advised.Still have printing error.Last night as I switched computer off had message:ZONEALARM SECURITY ALERT.Dangerous behaviour.Windoes NT Logon application is trying to launch c:\windows\system32logonui.exe or use another programme to gain access to privileged resources,Allow/deny.
    Also although my Zonealarm is brand new...I had to renew it this evening on line,but my IM security is off as there seems to be another programme running which seems to stop this feature of Zone alarm.Have looked under help...but not sure if this is a problem.Am tearing my hair out now!!!!Thank you for your kind help.

jilly Guest

OH NO...have you given up on me ? I am trying my hardest to sort the problems out...but don't seem to be getting anywhere.HELP

Thread Information