Thread: Internet Lock

tingler Guest

Default Internet Lock

I have recently installed free Zone Alarm on my XP P.C. I am having a slight problem with internet access though. I have given all rellevant programmes the proper authorisation to access the internet but every time i log on i get the message "NO PAGE TO DISPLAY". THe only way that i can access the internet is to unlock Zone Alarm. Any help would be much appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

billc Guest

Default Re: Internet Lock

Maybe I don't completely understand your question, but with the Internet Lock on, you should not be able to access the internet. That's what this function does; it stops all internet traffic. You would need to turn it off to access the internet, so it sounds like things are as they should be to me.

tingler Guest

Thx for your reply. I know that it sounds as if i came up the river without any paddles. So, why is the lock there in the first place? Should it be engaged when you cose your connection?

billc Guest

I don't use it at all, but let me give you a reason someone might. If you had family members or anyone else you wanted to allow to use your computer, but not access the internet, then you could block all access with this function. In the Pro version, you can set a password such that it could not be opened again without the password. Also, some users just feel more secure with all traffic blocked. Truth is, it does not increase your security if you are the only user of your machine.

Thread Information