Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't buy ZA> conflict with proxy server or Antivirus

ossminid Guest

Default Can't buy ZA> conflict with proxy server or Antivirus

I DLed the free trial of ZA security suite, and now want to purchase it. However, everytime I try to go to www.zonelabs.com, my browser "Cannot find server". I can access any other site I want (like this forum), except for Zonelabs main page or update page. Is this a problem with your site?

Default Re: Can't buy ZA

Hi ossminid! Try this -open the "Site List" in the "Privacy" in the Zone Alarm. Click the "Add" and type in the zonelabs.com and click "OK" Now right click the new made zonelabs.com entry in the "Site" list. Click the "Options" and in "Cookies" unclick or leave open the session and persistent cookies. In the "Ad Blocking" leave the top three unchecked as well and go to " Mobile Code". There in "Mobile Code" leave the top three empty as well and just click the fourth option. The zonelabs.com entry in "Sites" should have the first three as three "Green" check marks. Go to the zonelabs.com site and it should be now successful. As you are using the zonelabs.com site, just keep opening the "Site List" and give the same approach to it. Please realize this should work for downloading as well. It is adviseable to read the "Help" in ZA, as you become more familiar with it, and begin to understand what it can really do for you in terms of safety and it's features! Take care Oldsod ZA Pro v6.1.744.001
    Best regards.
    oldsod

ossminid Guest

Default Re: Can't buy ZA

I appreciate the response, however all that you suggested was previously done. I actually had to turn off ZA to reply to this post. When I tried to respond with ZA running it said "error on page" when I clicked on 'Reply'. I am curious why it is only zonelabs.com that I cannot visit. Any other site, entered into ZA's safe list or not, has no problem connecting, only Zonelabs.com does. Even without
    ZA running I can't seem to visit www.zonelabs.com
    I am very curious as to what is going on here. I had no problems until I installed the 15 day trial version.

I have had ZA in the past and recently bought a new computer and thought ZA would be the best product. HELP ME

Default Re: Can't buy ZA GURU PLEASE HELP!

Using the IE 6 is zonelabs.com entered as a safe site? What do the other browser(s) do? Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

ossminid Guest

XP with latest updates, with my only browser, IE6. What could be causing this? I had to turn off ZA again just to answer this post. This is ridiculous. I guess I was wrong thinking this was the product for me.

billc Guest

First, by chance are you in Europe? Some European ISP's blocked the Zone Labs site in the past because of a Denial of Service attack. Also, if your Privacy settings are on 'medium' and not 'High', you should be able to use this Forum. If you can't, then reset your database the way I've outlined below. Also, clean your browser cache and make sure your IE Privacy is on medium or lower.

<fieldset>
    <legend>Database Reset</legend>Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.
    </fieldset>

ossminid Guest

Nope, not europe. USA. I will try it later. Must rush to work! Thanks for the input, I will let you know how it goes. Oss

ossminid Guest

Didn't work completely. I can now respond to this post without shutting down ZA (tho I have all settings as 'off'). I still cannot visit www.zonelabs.com. I cannot find a reason why I wouldn't be able to. I am frustrated.

billc Guest

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they may be blocking a range of IP's that includes Zone Labs? A way to test this would be to ping zonelabs.com and see what happens. Also, try this online proxy server to see if you can get to Zone Labs. As always, clean your browser cache.

ossminid Guest

I was able to visit www.zonelabs.com before I installed ZA, and for about a day after I installed it, then all of a sudden, nothing. So I doubt its my ISP. I constantly clean my cache, but I'll do that again as well. I
    was able
    access www.zonelabs.com via the proxy. Still not without it, however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information