Thread: Access issues with 1 particular site

buffetslayer Guest

Default Access issues with 1 particular site

Hi all.
    Im a Zone Alarm Security Suite user from England, UK, and Im having a particular problem that I cant seem to fix.
    I am an avid motorcyclist, and have been using a forum page for some time now.
    The site adress is http://gbbikers.co.uk/forum
    Now up until the last 6-8 weeks this site has worked fine on my PC. However they recently updated their site, and since the update I have not been able to gain access at all. All I get is an error page:
    Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

<hr>Web Server at gbbikers.co.uk

OK, so I contacted the site administrators via a friend, and they have checked, checked and checked again, but insist there is no problem at their end. So I started to investigate my own settings.
    It seems that there is a conflict between zone alarm and this particular site (I have no issues with any other site at all)
    The only way I can get this site to work is to completely disable Zone Alarms ad blocking and cookie control security features, and thus leaving my PC open to all kinds of nasty things.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a problem with compatibility or a known issue?
    My system info:
    Windows XP Pro, SP2, currently up to date with all security updates (as of 20th April 2006)Not using XP firewallIE cookie control set to 'override automatic cookie handling' in tools/internet options/privacy (i get prompted to accept/decline every cookie)
    ZA Security Suite Version 6.1.744.001True Vector Security Engine Version 6.1.744.001Driver Version 6.1.744.001Anti Virus Vet Engine Version 11.9.1.000, DAT File Version 11.9.9751.000Anti Spyware Engine Version 4.1.7.0, DAT File Version 01.200604.240Anti Spam Version 4.8.0.6787
    Current AD blocking and Cookie handling settings in ZA are set to default Medium setting for both. Firewall settings are default medum.
    Interestingly I have added this site to the site list and given it complete access rights, but it still will not work
    I have completely ran out of ideas (im failry handy on a computer) Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Matt

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: Access issues with 1 particular site

I've tested the site and because it is written in 'Javascript/text', you will need to turn off all your 'main' Privacy blocking while you visit that site. If any of your Privacy blocking is turned on, even though you've 'allow' everything for that site in your Site List, Zone Alarm is still going to place the JavaScript insertion into the page thus blocking it's use. There are some sites that act this way but usually they have some 'active' script and this page does not. Strange why it would be coded the way it is.

dansaab Guest

Default Re: Access issues with 1 particular site

Thanks, billc. I had the same problem with hart****tool.com just this week. Disabling the ZASS privacy features allowed access to the site. I passed your reply on to the folks at Hartville Tool.
    Dan
    Last edited by fax; September 1st, 2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: ToS. No ads

Thread Information