Thread: High security options cannot be changed for a specific program in free edition?

mbojanks Guest

Default High security options cannot be changed for a specific program in free edition?

I'm using ZoneAlarm Free 6.1.737 and cannot manage to achieve allowing access for any specific program from the Internet other than already granted by main settings. I 've done everything according the help. Someone please help me about what
    may
    have been done wrong. Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: High security options cannot be changed for a specific program in free edition?

Help me make sure I understand your question. Are you saying you want to change 'access' permission on a specific program and Zone Alarm will not allow you to do that?

mbojanks Guest

Default Re: High security options cannot be changed for a specific program in free edition?

The problem is the following: When I set High security in Main tab of Firewall option for Internet zone and Medium for Trusted zone, and enable server rights for Apache Web server in Program Control option for both Trusted and Internet zone, then I cannot see sites
    of that Web server from the Internet
    until I remove High security and choose Medium for Internet zone as well. When I 've tried 15-day trial Pro version there has not been this problem. I 'm asking if this is due to the limitation of the free version or my mistake. Thanks for your answer(s).

billc Guest

I understand your question now, but I'm not sure if this behavior is because of the switch from Zone Alarm Pro to Zone Alarm Free. I will say that over the years I've been lurking around this Forum, many users have said that the Pro version works better than theFree version when you're running a server, but I never new exactly why. I might suggest you contact Zone Labs Technical Support and ask that question. When asked for your license number, just submit 'Zone Alarm Pro Trial'. In the meantime, I'll see if I can get a definitive answer for you.

mbojanks Guest

Thanks for your answers again.

Thread Information