Thread: No internet access from my browser icon after Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite installation

ferni Guest

Default No internet access from my browser icon after Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite installation

I uninstalled my previous version of ZA because I did not want any configuration problems.I installed the just purchased ZA Internet Suite and I cannot acces the internet from my browser icon. However I have internet connection through the "More Info" button on the ZA warning alert pop up.This directs me to the ZA website and from this browser window I can access any website. This is how I am writing to you right now.But if I cick on my Explorer icon to view another iternet screen, it does not open, blank screen. It does not even give me the message of "cannot contact server".I tried connectig with he ZA
    turned off an did not work either.However I uninstalled the ZA suite and
    the internet explorer worked fine again.I installd the program again and I am back to where I started. Only internet connection through the "More Info" button website redirect.Can anybody help? Thank you in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

billc Guest

Default Re: No internet access from my browser icon after Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite installation

Sounds like your Zone Alarm database has gotten corrupt to me. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information