Thread: Access to web sites

davidmpratt Guest

Default Access to web sites

Zone Alarms prevents me from logging on to at least two web sites where I am a member and have a log in and password. Logging on is possible if I turn Zone Alarm off. How can I gain access to those sites without tyrning Zone Alarm off?

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Access to web sites

Try disabling the cookie slider (setting to OFF),and the ad blocking tab setting it to off also,see if you then can sign on?If so please reset both to your normal standard setting when finished within those forums..

davidmpratt Guest

Thanks. That worked!

rmm Guest

What is the cookie slider? I am having the same problem, but am very new to ZoneAlarm.

flyyourway Guest

If you are using the free version then that feature would be non existing,otherwise open ZA by double clicking the ZA icon in the task bar,then clicking on the privacy tab and then the main tab.

rmm Guest

Thank you, that worked. Is there anyway to program ZA to remember these settings for this web site? Or do the settings have to be changed every time this web site is accessed?

flyyourway Guest

Open ZA and goto the Privacy tab and then the site list tab and give that specific site all green checkmarks,this should allow you to use that site with the other features enabled.

rmm Guest

I've done that and it didn't seem to work. I thought enabling third party cookies would do the trick. The only thing that has worked so far other than shutting down ZA is turning off the cookie control altogether.

ai_tak Guest

Right click on that site's entry an uncheck all options on all three tabs. Also if you want to mention the site I can check it out and find additional info that may help.

Thread Information