Thread: can't get any windows updates with zone alarm active

jiminelpaso Guest

Default can't get any windows updates with zone alarm active

Please I need some help as it's driving me crazy.With zone alarm pro active I can not get any updates from any microsoft site, windows update office update internet explorer updates. All other updates work fine for any other company. The only way I can get these sites to update is shut down zone alarm pro, then all works fine.does anyone know which setting is preventing microsoft updates?Thanks,Jim

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

zaswing Guest

Default Re: can't get any windows updates with zone alarm active

<blockquote><hr>jiminelpaso wrote:
    does anyone know which setting is preventing microsoft updates?<hr></blockquote>

ActiveX to make checks of your computer work, and Mime to download the upgrades. I think that's it, but if not, search this forum, there were definite answers given, and Microsoft offers help in their updates section - I think FAQ about updates.

mrsinnister Guest

Default Re: can't get any windows updates with zone alarm active

Plus you must give server rights to both IE and Windows explorer, along with lowering the status of your firewall before clicking update.
    You will have to physically go to the site and in the privacy settings allow everything.
    Sometimes it simply works by giving Windows Explorer and whatever programs pop up upon bootup asking for server rights access, but that's a little to dangerous just to have the 'Soft check up on you.

Thread Information