Thread: access problems

splashingwave Guest

Default access problems

Since the new release, I am unable to send email to work, receive error message 5.0.0.0, Unqualified sender address. Also some site where i get spyware updates require a new registration and when my email address is entered, I receive message that it is invalid. In a chat room with my isp, whenever I entered my email address, 2 answers were sent, one with my correct email address and the other with "**********************", my isp was only able to see the **************************, was unable to use their Webmail service. To get to this forum, I had to close my za. For email, am using Outlook. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

aussieone Guest

Default Re: access problems - associated with my ZoneAlarm Security Suite Registration email address.

Im experiencing similar problems, and wonder why someone from ZoneLabs has not yet addressed this problem
    and replied to the above email.
    In my case, when I send an email from the email address that
    I initially entered as my Registered Email Address for ZoneAlarm Security Suite (ZASS), when the email is received instead of seeing myname@optusnet.com.au as the From or To address, what appears is ***************@mail09.optusnet.com.au which is one of my ISP mail server addresses.
    Shutting down ZASS before sending an email from this email address restores normal email operation.
    It does not matter if ZASS is operating or not when the email is received.
    I have been unable to find any combination of settings from within ZASS that will enable normal email operation from this email address when ZASS is operating. I have tried changing the registration email address but without any success, the original registration address seems to be lodged somewhere hidden.
    As with the above person, if I try submitting my registered email address anywhere it is rejected as an invalid email address. I had to use another email to register for this forum (as I preferred to do this then shutdown ZASS).
    ZoneLabs staff: please let us know how to work around this problem.
    Thanks
    Windows XPZoneAlarm Security Suite V6.5.737.000

Default Re: access problems - associated with my ZoneAlarm Security Suite Registration email address.

Do either one of you have the first part of your e-mail address anywhere in the "myvault" area?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

aussieone Guest

Dear Hoov,
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Yes, in my case the email address had been entered into the "myvault" area some time ago for testing purposes and accidentally left there. I have now removed it and this has restored normal email address operation for the email address in question. Thanks

You are Welcome!
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information