Thread: Problems after uninstalling ZoneAlarm

aceway Guest

Default Problems after uninstalling ZoneAlarm

Hello,I had this problem with a program crashing all the time. I was told it was because of ZoneAlarm and that I should uninstall it. I did, and the program started working. ThenI installed ZoneAlarm back with the same settings as before, but this time the small icon wouldn't appear on the lower right hand corner and it denied access to the ZoneAlarm Security by saying that I don't have the privilages or premission to access the program (I'm the system adminstrator). ZoneAlarm somehow denied all access to internet and the computer even failed to connect with my cable into the internet. I had to uninstall ZoneAlarm to access this page to get some help. I'm currently running my Windows Firewall, and i have to say that I don't feel too secure with this. Someone said this happens because the ZoneAlarm uninstall program is imperfect and leaves some traces of the program laying around and it should be done manually. Is this true, and if it is, then how do I manually uninstall ZoneAlarm?Thank you in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Problems after uninstalling ZoneAlarm

Hi,

You mentioned you reinstalled Zone Alarm, did you follow the instructions that I had posted on this forum? Here is the link to the thread for the instructions. YES, I know it is very detailed and hopefully one of these days the developers will come up with a quick and easy uninstaller, without going thru this long procedure.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=48347

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information