Thread: Cannot enter ZA but it is running.

Hybrid View

stijno_nl Guest

Default Cannot enter ZA but it is running.

Hey.
    I have a problem. I first ussed nvFirewall. That is a hardware firewall but i didn't like it so i downloaded ZA. Everything went fine and i could get in to the ZA mainscreen. But when i reboot the PC ,by clicking on ok from the ZA popup to restart, and comeback in windows i cant reach ZA mainscreen. There is also no trayicon. But when i look to the processen i see that ZA is running and when i enter for exapmle firefox it wont get connection because i dont get a allow/deny popup.
    When i try to reach the ZA mainscreen by using start etc. i get the error message: it cant find it and no admin rights. I did change the HKEY in the regedit but it didn't work (from another forum post)
    Does somebody know what this is.
    So before the ZA reboot i can go in ZA but after the reboot i get a error.

Greetings.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

tigersoul Guest

Default Re: Cannot enter ZA but it is running.

Hey , Im new to this, but I have a similar problem. My ZA is set to come on at start up as well, but now all of a sudden, it does not show in the tray, and when i click on the shortcut i get the hourglass icon for a bout 2-3 seconds, and nothing happens. When i check task manager it is running, but even if i shut it down from there, and click the ZA icon, it starts running, but nothing visual. Since this started happening, one of my games will not start up now. I hope somebody can help! Thanks.

stijno_nl Guest

hey. I reinstalled ZA for a thousend times an all of a sudden it starts working. The only problem i have is that sometimes when i start up my pc i have to reboot again because ZA says that there is an error.
    Greetings.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

What type of error are you receiving or any type of error codes you can tell me, so I can "TRY" to find a solution for you?

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

5. stijno_nl Guest

Well on my pc now everything runs fine. I dont get the message anymore. But in the past i got a message that the pc could reach ZA and that i maby dont have the admin rights. But i did. So i changed the thing in the Reg. But it didn't work until yesterday evening when all of a sudden it works. The only problem i am having right now is that sometimes when i start my pc the trayicon from ZA has a yellow cross and when i look in ZA in the upper right corner there is the message: system error! please reboot. And than after the reboot it works again.
    But to be clear. In the past i had that problem that i could reach the main menu while ZA is running in Taskmanager. that problem occured AFTER the i pressed OK on the reboot message after the install. So BEFORE i could get in ZA.

Greetings.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

A database reset will fix the problem if Zone Alarm is the problem in the first place. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

PLEASE let me know if this solves your problem, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information