Thread: Zonealarm blocks Internet Explorer after running for a few days

daringdragoon Guest

Default Zonealarm blocks Internet Explorer after running for a few days

I have ZA 6.1.744.001. When I leave my computer on for a few days, ZA seems to start blocking IE for no reason. If I shut down ZA, then IE can connect to websites again. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this. I've had this problem for the last several ZA versions.
    Shutting down ZA and restarting it does not fix the problem. I have to reboot my computer to get it to work again.

I have XP Pro with SP2 and all of the latest security updates.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm blocks Internet Explorer after running for a few days

Try adding the ip's of the DHCP and DNS servers to the trusted zone of ZA. Follow this link http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23056#M23056
    If after that you still have problems try another fix.In firewall, main, internet zone security, click custom.Then in both trusted and internet check 'allow outgoing DHCP/DNS'.
    Best regards

newlifer Guest

Did you get a reply to this as i have had the same problem and as a result have uninstalled Zone Labs on my computer and returned to using the Microsoft AntiSpyware. I have XP Media woth SP"

abobhk Guest

I Have the same problem. When I am in an online game and am afk for 20 -30 minutes, Internet Explorer gets blocked. I would like someone from ZOnealarm to get back to me on this one.Thank you

Thread Information