Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm not showing MSN 7.5 Avatars/Display Pictures and personal messages

deltasniper Guest

Default ZoneAlarm not showing MSN 7.5 Avatars/Display Pictures and personal messages

OK ever since the upgrade i cannot see MSN Avatars/Display Pictures and personal messages and it only shows up when i turn zonealarm off

can anyone help???

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

eaglesone Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm not showing MSN 7.5 Avatars/Display Pictures and personal messages

I hope someone can help us I have the same problem.....

But I like the coverage I get from Zonealarm and hate to turn if off

I get the personal messages ok....just can not get display pictures

or trade files to work...Oops sorry I am using the new Beta live

Just to use my MSN messenger.....

Message Edited by Eaglesone on 06-21-2006 06:57 PM

deltasniper Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm not showing MSN 7.5 Avatars/Display Pictures and personal messages

can anyone help us

cwhchew Guest

whoa, i'm sure glad that this forum exists as i can't find anything regarding this problem.

well, i'm using the new windows live messenger 8.0, and i can't seem to see my contact's emoticons/display pictures at all..

I have tried:
    - Reinstalling windows live messnger
    - Allow all incoming and outgoing traffic from windows live messenger
    - switching off zonealarm firewall(yeah, this worked, but i prefer coverage from zonealarm)

Can anybody solve this problem? I had initially thought it was some server problem with MSN, but i tried using my laptop (without zonealarm) on my home wireless network to access MSN, and it works fine for me. Please help us anyone? Thanks!

eaglesone Guest

No it is not you....alone.

I did again today all the steps you just did...and got the same things....

I may have to go back to McAfee and Zone Alarm free soon....till this gets worked out....

just a waste of money to do that..... :-( .. I wrote tech support and no answer yet....

Even with firewall shut off...will have to try the conference cam....I am not on a network...but we use

the cam for work once in awhile... 3 of us are having the same problem now...lol

deltasniper Guest

HELP!!!!

cwhchew Guest

erm. don't mind me saying this, but can you like don't post things like "help" and all sorts? instead? try to post more informative replies.. it really puts people off when they have to scroll through one word replies and we are more unlikely to recieve help

oh yes, i saw some other threads regarding this topic. looks like the troubleshooting team is really in active

ywliu Guest

<blockquote><hr>DeltaSniper wrote:
    OK ever since the upgrade i cannot see MSN Avatars/Display Pictures and personal messages and it only shows up when i turn zonealarm off

can anyone help???

<hr></blockquote>

Moving back to 6.1 is the easy way out... It's what I have done...

cwhchew Guest

hmm... maybe i should try run it through a proxy server, that might work.. will keep you all updated...

-update-

- i tried runnning it through a proxy, didn work.

Message Edited by cwhchew on 06-22-2006 11:05 PM

johnnybravo Guest

I solved some issues by going into program control/programs - Find MSN and change it to manual..Go into options and uncheck the two boxes (authentication and e-mail checking)This worked for me, but it still doesn't stop my PC from slowing down to a crawl and finally crashing... Java is the pretty much unusable also..It so slow and always ends up crashing the PC too.. I'm requesting a refund - doubt I'll get it but ZAISS is a joke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information