Thread: ICS sharing

pilkingtonpots Guest

Default ICS sharing

I have two XP pcs each running ZLabs. The host properly configured, the client properly configures. I can share without ZL working on the host but as soon as I turn on it loses it.
    Any advice?
    Thanks

Barry

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ICS sharing

Hi,

Have you seen the following thread? http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=21375

Hopefully it will solve your problem, if not PLEASE post back, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. pilkingtonpots Guest

Solution worked- many thanks. Part of problem - how daft can it be - I couldn't see the reply because the reply is a POP up which IE blocked! Sorted now thanks again.
    Barry

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

You are very welcome! Thank You for posting back and "Good Luck"!

Have a "GREAT DAY"!

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

5. pilkingtonpots Guest

Sorry but this has stopped working again. It seems totally random. If I close the host down its ok if I start the host it blocks. Sometimes it lets me in then blocks. I have tried fixed IP address and a range IP adress. Its got to the point where even though my subscription - 2 legitimate on each machine - have months to run I am thinking of junking the lot and buying something else.

Occasionaly I can fiddle with the client settings and it lets me in but usually the only consistant way is to close the host down. It seems I am not alone.

Anythoughts?

Barry

pilkingtonpots Guest

<blockquote><hr>PilkingtonPots wrote:

Sorry but this has stopped working again. It seems totally random. If I close the host down its ok if I start the host it blocks. Sometimes it lets me in then blocks. I have tried fixed IP address and a range IP adress. Its got to the point where even though my subscription - 2 legitimate on each machine - have months to run I am thinking of junking the lot and buying something else.

Occasionaly I can fiddle with the client settings and it lets me in but usually the only consistant way is to close the host down. It seems I am not alone.

Anythoughts?

Barry
    <hr></blockquote>
    I have put Ip addresses onto programme and it still locks me out - seemingly at random. sometimes it works 5 minutes later it does not. I have tried fixed IP addressses same result. any ideas please?

pilkingtonpots Guest

I@m sorry but this has stopped working. It works occasionally. I am now at a stage where I cannot predict when it will work. I am also not sure I want to continue. If I turn the firewall on and off it occasionally seems to get through ZA. IF I tell the client it is a host it occasionally gets through. The IP address fixed or not, range or not, only occasionally get through. Any final thoughts?

Thread Information