Thread: ZoneAlarm Free has disappeared!

robochief Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Free has disappeared!

After updating to 65.722.000.Both vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe are running, but no icon of ZA appears in the systray, and there isn't any way I can configure ZA.I can navigate with Internet Explorer, but not with Firefox.Why is that?I already tried reinstalling (clean uninstall, manually, and then clean installation).Urgent! Help!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

ramification Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Free has disappeared!

The last two updates proved difficult to me as well.

As it would seem, once ZA shuts itself down inorder to update, the Windows XP own firewall becomes enabled and subsequently blocks the true vector and possibly the ZA client itself, so no GUI access is being made available. Make certain via the security center that windows XP firewall is shutdown then attempt to update/reboot after of.

Perhaps try reinstalling/updating via safe mode.

robochief Guest

<blockquote><hr>Ramification wrote:

The last two updates proved difficult to me as well.

As it would seem, once ZA shuts itself down inorder to update, the Windows XP own firewall becomes enabled and subsequently blocks the true vector and possibly the ZA client itself, so no GUI access is being made available. Make certain via the security center that windows XP firewall is shutdown then attempt to update/reboot after of.

Perhaps try reinstalling/updating via safe mode.
    <hr></blockquote>
    I tried uninstalling/reinstalling in Safe Mode, but got the same results.
    Meanwhile I can't use ZoneAlarm, have to use WinXP SP2 firewall.

Any other suggestions?

horex Guest

I'm having the same problem after the update, Zonealarm not showing in the system tray, blocking me any access to the internet (tried with firefox, outlook express, and MSN) further more trying to enable Zonealarm manually I get a message saying "Can't access Zlclient, you may not have proper authorization" (vaguely translated).
    Tried reinstalling, and same.

I can say for sure that it's not the Windows firewall since I'm running with service pack 1, hence I don't have the windows firewall, meaning that presently I'm not running with any firewall :-/
    -Is it possible to download the older version of Zonealarm somewhere?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Service pack 1
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version: 6.5

kennyj Guest

I'm having the same types of problems as some of you. I need help, I running Zone Alarm on my Hp desktop and when it boots up each time I lose the file zlclient.exe. which is the main file to run the program. I have to uninstall the program and reinstall each time. I also run xp, spydoctor, spycop, spyblaster. Spydoctor registry mechanic. If anyone knows why this is happening please help. I hate to accuse my daughter she has been using my computer lately, and I feel like she has done something are gone somewhere she shouldn t.

polke Guest

Same problem here.
    On my "old" computer the upgrade from v6.1 to v6.5 went normally, but on the new one (which is in fact a clean install ... configuring a new HD), installing became a **bleep**! Whatever I try, including suggestions from the ZA-Helppages, nothing helps to surface the ZA-client icon at the system-tray !!!
    OS on both computers: XP Pro Sp2
    Version on both computers: ZA-Free 65.722.000

ALso my dad had the same problem: "had", because he re-installed the former version (6.1). Although not the propper way to go, "but at least", as he says: "I've controll over it, untill they figured out the bug".
    OS.: 2K SP4

Isn't this a job for the Moderator?!

Thread Information