Thread: Application freeze

akayhas Guest

Default Application freeze

I have experienced many times that when I start an application that is not registered by Zonalarm Suite, my computer freezes up for a long time. Eventually Zonalarm pops a message asking for permission. I Click ok but againresponse is very slow. CPU usage is maxed out and computer is very unresponsive. Eventually it will return control to userand all seems to work ok. Does anyone know if this is a bug with ZA suite or do I need to set something to prevent this? My guess is that the application is asking for access to Internet repeatedly and keeping the CPU maxed out. Any hints or help is appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

smeaf Guest

Default Re: Application freeze

Hi. I have had the
    same issue with ZoneAlarm Pro and now that I have
    Internet Security Suite.
    For me it happens when I'm
    closing the Power DVD application. For the
    Power DVD program, I have it all blocked (i.e. X's) in Zone Alarm. I only have a Question mark for the trust level.
    I get a Security Alarm/Warning saying that Power DVD wants to access Internet Explorer. Do I want to allow it Yes or No?Thing is, the
    whole system is like molasses and clicking
    'No' doesn't work.

Trying to kill the application or zonealarm doesn't work. Even from the XP's Windows Task Manager.
    Eventually I have to boot the PC. This is real fustrating! I used to love Zone Alarm
    Pro up until I started getting these problems.
    Can anyone help?
    Slyfox, can you come to the rescue?
    Regards,-Arturo

supergranny Guest

HELP!I'm having a similar problem. I installed my software last night and all I have to do is sign on and try to pull up outlook. It will sit there with the system maxed out for almost 5 minutes and finally I have to shut down. My computer has always had a fast response time. It just started doing this when I installed the software.What do I do?

smeaf Guest

The solution that worked for me was to uninstall it completely. The procedure I used is located here: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=78193
    Hope this helps. If it does, please respond to my reply..

-smeaf
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 7th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Thread Information