Thread: Private Header

jrstevens Guest

Default Private Header

Why can I not customize the allow Private Header in the site list under Privacy? If I uncheck the "Remove private header" in the Custom Privacy settings then I can access websites like http://www.kingfeatures.com and view their comics. But that allows all sites not just the ones I want. If I put http://www.kingfeatures.com in the site list and change the Private Header just for it then I still do not get access. The Private Header is still blocked even though I have it checked to allow for that web site. Is there no way to customize the allow Private Header for specific web sites and have it work?
    Thanks for any advice

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Private Header

Hi jrstevens
    Are you sure that the problem are the private headers?Try in privacy main to disable all the main privacy features,that is cookie control,ad blocking and mobile code control.Turn all of them off.I just tried the link you gave with no problems and with blocking of private headers.
    Best regards

jrstevens Guest

I was negligent in not pinpointing the problem beter. It isn't until you try to look at a comic on the site that the problem shows itself - not the site itself. Try http://www.kingfeatures.com/features...lard/about.htm for example. I get a "Content Currently Unavailable - No referrer" error. If I change nothing but the Custom cookie control "Remove private header information" (unchecking it)then I get the comic just fine. What I want is to do the same thing but only for a particular URL, not all URL's. It seemed to me that putting the kingfeatures url in the site list and checking the private header to "allow" should have done that, but it didn't.
    Thanks for the response.

jrstevens Guest

I replied, but not to your post but to mine so it didn't show up like I wanted - hopefully you can look at it anyway. Sorry I am a bit new at this forum thing.
    Thanks again.

jrstevens Guest

Here is another site that I have the same problem with:
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/rhymes.asp

Again if I go to the Privacy, Main, Cookie Cotrol (custom) and uncheck the "Remove private header information" all works well. If I instead go into the Privacy, Site list, and enter the url and check the privite header to "allow" it does not work. I want the private header information removed at most sites so hate to use the custom cookie control method since that allows all sites to use private headers.
    Thanks

ad_hock Guest

Sorry I was out and only now saw your posts. To customize the site try one more thing to see if it works:as you already have done in cookie control click custom.Then in the new box at the bottom check 'show private adviser'.Then load the site and when privacy adviser appears at the low right part of your screen,click the link 'click here for details'.You go to the sites list in tab privacy and locate the site entry,right click over it and choose options.Then in the new window,for each page uncheck anything that may be checked and click apply.Do this until finish the three tabs and don't forget to click apply before going to next page.Clean the browser cache and try to load the site.See also if the site stays edited in the sites list and if this works in future.I must agree that sometimes with the site edited things doesn't work and you need to act in a site basis when browsing,however you may try what suggested and see if it stands.
    Best regards

jrstevens Guest

Thanks for the help. It didn't turn out quite like I expected but your suggestions got me headed in the right direction. Apparently my problem was there was another web site it was being refered to (or through?), anrtx.tacoda.net. When I added it to the site list the problem vanished. I still don't understand - but the problem is solved.
    Thanks again!

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome
    Best regards

Thread Information