Thread: Dreamweaver MX - can't connect/FTP

pegleg Guest

Default Dreamweaver MX - can't connect/FTP

Since updating to ZoneAlarm Pro (6.5.722.000) I've been unable to connect/FTP using Dreamweaver MX as my FTP client.I'm not sure if the problem would have occurred when I updated to the previous version (6.5.714.000) because I didn't do any FTPs during that period. But I knowI hadno problems FTPing with Dreamweaver MX when I was using ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.1.744.001For info. the current ZoneAlarm Pro default "Program Control | Programs" settings are:Smart Defense: Auto
    Trust Level: ?Ask
    Access Trusted/Internet: Allow/Allow
    Server Trusted/Internet: ?Ask/?Ask
    Send Mail: ?AskI'd be pleased to know if anyone has had similar problems and what the solution might be?Thanks,Peter

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

ballpet Guest

Default Re: Dreamweaver MX - can't connect/FTP

Your post prompted me to check my Dreamweaver. I had no problems. My ZA settings are:Smart Defense: CustomTrust Level: Super
    Server Trusted/Internet: ?Block/Block
    Send Mail: BlockMy OS, ZA and first name are the same as yours...

pegleg Guest

Default Re: Dreamweaver MX - can't connect/FTP

Thanks for the reply Peter.

I tried your settings but I afraid it didn't solve the problem so I had another go at 'Removing' Dreamweaver MX from the 'Programs' listing inZA's 'Program Control'.

On reboot, for whatever reason,I found Iwas able to connect/FTPwith Dreamweaver and, thankfully,it's been working fine ever since.

When I checked the ZA settings they showed:

SmartDefence: Auto
    Trust Level: Super
    Server Trusted/Internet: ?Ask/?Ask
    Send Mail: ?Ask

I think I'llleave themas isforthe time being!

Regards,

Peter

kitrax Guest

Default Re: Dreamweaver 8 - can't connect/FTP

Hello. I have been having a problem connecting to my server via FTP. I use Dreamweaver 8 with SmartFTP as a backup, and neither of them are able to connect to the server. The problems started when I updated to ZoneAlarm version: 6.5.722.000. I have tried everything to connect to my server including shutting ZoneAlarm down. Does this new version close the Port 21 that my FTP clients connect through? I tried what Pegleg did by removing the programs from ZA's program control list,but that didn't solve my problem. If Dreamweaver can't connect soon, my site management is going to go out the window...And information you have would be appreciated.Thank you.

Message Edited by Kitrax on 07-02-2006 10:41 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

pegleg Guest

Kitrax,

If you've solved the problem - great, if not (with apologies for the delayed response but I've been out of the country since your post) can I suggest the following:<UL><LI>I re-booted after 'Removing' Dreamweaver MX from the 'Programs' listing in ZA's 'Program Control' - did you do so?</LI><LI>I connect through Port 21 (the default FTP) with no problem.</LI><LI>If you don't run your own web server(s) it would be worth checking that your web hosting company have not made any unannounced changes that necessitate you altering your "FTP Host" and/or "Host Directory" settings in Dreamweaver's "Site Definition | Remote Info" setup.</LI>[/list]

Apart from the above I'm afraid I've not got any further suggestions apart from you taking the issue up with ZA Tech. Support.

Peter

kitrax Guest

Hey, thanks for the reply Peter.

I did figure out the problem...it turns out my host decided to change everyone's IP address by a single didgit during a massive server/application update, but forgot to tell everyone.

I guess it was just poor timing from his mistake and me upgrading ZA.

~Kitrax

Thread Information