Thread: ZoneAlarm and GotoMYPC - Unable to establish connection to host computer !

frenchguy Guest

Default ZoneAlarm and GotoMYPC - Unable to establish connection to host computer !

HiI am on ZoneAlarm v6 +. I have read other forum topics on GoToMYPC and ZoneAlarm.I have recentlyinstalled GoToMYPCon my host computer (XP SP 2), and in Zone Alarm Programs settings on the host, I see that it has added the necessary GoToMYPC required programs to give access.However whenever I try from a client machine to connect tothe host computer, I constantly get an error message unable to establish a connection with host computer.Is my ZoneAlarm configuration blocking this ?The GoToMYPC programs that were automatically addedin ZoneAlarm uses the default otpions. I did not modify them.The only odd thing when this happens, and Igo the host, and I stop the GotoMYPC service and restart it, and then do a connect straight after from a client machine, it successfully connects to the host. If I leave the service running for a while and then I connect from a client to the host, the connection error from the client end always happens.I appreciate any feedback from anyone ...Thank You

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZoneAlarm and GotoMYPC - Unable to establish connection to host computer !

Hi!

Is the address of the client PC entered as Trusted in the host PC?

Is the client PC with the free ZA, and if so is the Internet setting at medium? Is the address of the host PC entered as Trusted?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

frenchguy Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm and GotoMYPC - Unable to establish connection to host computer !

<blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    Hi!

Is the address of the client PC entered as Trusted in the host PC?

Is the client PC with the free ZA, and if so is the Internet setting at medium? Is the address of the host PC entered as Trusted?

Oldsod
    <hr></blockquote>

1) There is no IP address of the client PC entered in the Trusted Zone of my host computer. Why would this be ? What if I try to connect from many different clients locations ?

2)My client PC is from work that is behind the work firewall. No firewall on my work computer itself. Internet settings I need to check from work.

3) My host PC IP is in trusted on my ZA host computer if that if what u mean. On the client there is no local firewall on computer.

Thread Information