Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZA 6.5 will not allow IE access to the internet after computer has been on for a period of time.

ronster Guest

Default ZA 6.5 will not allow IE access to the internet after computer has been on for a period of time.

I am using ZA 6.5 (free version) with XP Pro SP2. ZA works fine for awhile, but after a half day or so it blocks IE. If I shut down ZA and restart it I can then access the internet. The automatic lock is set to off. I have done the suggested "clean" uninstall and reinstalled the product with the same results. For the installation I shut down all my windows programs (spyware, virus detection etc) and unplugged from the internet.Please give detailed instuctions on any suggestions you provide.Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

ezfrag Guest

Default Re: ZA 6.5 will not allow IE access to the internet after computer has been on for a period of time.

I seem to have the same problem. I recently bought Zone Alarm Pro. Now when the computer has been on for a while, It will not allow Internet Explorer to connect to the internet. I have connectivity, I can play my computer game, and use a different browser. But IE is the browser that Mrs Frag uses, and if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Anyway, I have Zone Alarm Pro and I rund Windows XP sp2. I have a AMD 64 Athlon 3400, 1 gig Corsair PC 3200. Need any other info?Thanks,EZ

jorpion Guest

Default Re: ZA 6.5 will not allow IE access to the internet after computer has been on for a period of time.

I have tried the various fixes posted, to no avail. This error is noted throughout the forum. It would be really helpful if Zone Alarm personnel published a fix, or at least responded so users know this issue is being worked on.

the_source Guest

Hi,

ZA is not blocking your IE, it's blocking your DNS-Server, so Windows can't resolve IP-adresses from hostnames....sameif you try to receive e-mails through a hostname.

The solution is easy, you have to put the DNS-Server into the Zone-Tab of ZA, do this tutorial:

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=47994

Regards,

The_Source

ping_dummy Guest

The_SourceYeah, probably that a solution. But how ZA works BEFORE that blocking?

the_source Guest

Hey,

good point, don't know why...

ping_dummy Guest

I don t know either.

Somebody, who probably knows, is taking rest now. Because of weekend. Maybe we should re-arrange all worlds time zones to PST and have weekends at the same time? In addition, we should shutdown all Internet activity from Friday 4PM to Monday 10AM, in order to prevent fragile relaxation process of very tired persons

Product has reached version 6.5 build 722 and it is STILL NOT WORKING. Think about that.

I m messing up with ZA since version 3 or something. And there ALWAYS problems. Service Packs, new OS releases and so on. Everything was extremely painful. BSODs, hang-ups, crashes. And these people want money for that.

IMHO, there is nothing to pay for, software is still on beta-testing stage.

the_source Guest

Can't agree,

I'm an programmer and never worked with a better Firewall than ZA.

Often it's not a problem of the software, more a problem of the User.

Since now I just found two bugs, the one with the DNS-Server and another that my

alternative ICQ-Client (QIP) is detected as AOL-Messenger not ICQ.

regards

The_Source

ping_dummy Guest

The_Source>>> Often it is not a problem of the software, more a problem of the User.User just installs the software and it MUST work in his particular program environment. If your software unable to do simple analyze of present variables and set program flags to smooth operational state, what the quality of program it is?The_Source>>> Since now I just found two bugs, the one with the DNS-ServerTHAT IS CRITICAL for overall program functioning. If your packet filter unable to grant SAFE access from your machine to your ISP server this means your packet filter NOT WORKING AT ALL. It is not a bug , it is a bugammoth Also, even worse, this packet filter has UNPREDICTABLE behavior of function: it is works partially.

the_source Guest

<HR>User just installs the software and it MUST work in his particular program environment. If your software unable to do simple analyze of present variables and set program flags to smooth operational state, what the quality of program it is?<HR>Agree 100%!!! But ZA is not a firewall for a normal home-user, it's a powerful tool with the right configuration you cansecure multiple networks. A normal home-user should use Norton Firewall or something like that.
    <HR>THAT IS CRITICAL for overall program functioning. If your packet filter unable to grant SAFE access from your machine to your ISP server this means your packet filter NOT WORKING AT ALL. It is not a bug , it is a bugammoth Also, even worse, this packet filter has UNPREDICTABLE behavior of function: it is works partially.
    <HR>Yeah it is critical, but it's a professionell firewall, there should be nothing pre-configured....only the user has to say what the firewall has to do!You're right, there should be an option in the Install-Wizard where you can check, that the DNS-Server automatically get add to the Zone-Conf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information