Thread: Javascript will not work

larryg Guest

Default Javascript will not work

Hi everyone,

Here I go, I just reformat the HD. Put ZA Security Suite back on first. My browser is firefox 1.5.0.1, No router. When I go to most sites I get java errors. I try switching to IE6 same thing. I try a nother computer (laptop) it work fine, the differnt was no ZA. I have mobile code control off. The problem is it will not read javascript all the time. I get errors that I can see in the java console.I'm running the latest verion of java, and have uncheck the options in mode code.

Help please

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: Javascript will not work

Zone Alarm may or may not be the source of the problem. Once you unchecked Mobile Code control, did you clean your browser cache to make sure you're not getting a 'cached' page? Also you might want to test ZASS by going to your Privacy > Main page and turning off all Privacy blocking...cookies, ad-blocking, & mobile code. With all Privacy off, can you now view the pages in question properly?

larryg Guest

Hi Bill,

That worked, But why? (sorry for the late reply time) I carry everything at med in privacy, can I turn them back on?

Thanks.......
    LArryG

billc Guest

It could be your ZASS database has gotten corrupt and does not recognize you've turned off just the mobile code control. Secondly, there are some sites that will not work properly if any Main Privacy Blocking is enabled. The JavaScript insertion interferes with the page. I'm not sure which of these applies to you, but try this next. First, turn your Main Privacy back on the way you want it. Now go to the Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter the URL of a "troubled" site, then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again. Does it work now?

larryg Guest

Hey Bill,

Thanks a lot. It's working fine now. You are the best..

LArryG

Thread Information