Thread: TrueVector Service Problems

curly Guest

Default TrueVector Service Problems

After dowmloading an update, I am getting a message that TrueVector Service has encountered a problem that is preventing me from accessing the internet. HELP!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: TrueVector Service Problems

Hi,

In your Firewall > Zones panel, do you have your LAN in the Trusted zone? It should look something like this 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 ? Also, does Generic Host Process have 'server' rights in the Trusted zone (not Internet zone)?

See if you can manually add both the DNS & DHCP server IP's to the Trusted zone.

1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
    3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it..

Try going into your network connections and make sure all computers in the workgroup are configured to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
    1. Open network connections.
    2. Right-click the appropriate connection, and then click Properties.
    3. Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
    4. Click Advanced, and then click WINS.
    5. If you are using a static Internet Protocol (IP) address, click Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP. If you have a DHCP-assigned IP address, click Use NetBIOS setting from the DHCP server.
    6. Click OK in the open dialog boxes to close them and to save the new settings.

Then restart the PCs.

Well I'd try resetting the ZA database and let it "discover" the connections anew. You'll lose your settings but I think this might do the trick. It will bring the firewall back to the point as if it were a fresh installation.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

jezt Guest

I don't know if this is related?: Since my installation was automatically updated to TrueVector version:6.5.722.000 I am getting a crash of the TrueVector service at least once a day with Send/Don't Send. When this happens I lose network connectivity and I have to restart the machine - which itself is problemmatic because I have to manually kill some processes which were accessing the internet.

rave Guest

I 'm also getting a crash of the TrueVector service at least once or more a day with Send/Don't Send msg .......when the msg show up my zone alam shutdown itself.

curly Guest

I could not sort out the problem. I uninstalled & reinstalled the Zone Labs software.

Thread Information