Thread: Cannot use printserver

mantica Guest

Default Cannot use printserver

Hello everyone,

I am looking for help with a printserver problem. I am using a printserver which is in my home network with a fixed IP adres. I was running ZA 6.1.744.001. Today I downloaded and installed a new version and printing over my network printer did not work anymore. So I uninstalled the new version, had to manually delete all kinds of files to prevent the bug with the TrueVector dll to show up and installed the version I used up untill today. But printing is not possible anymore. I checked to see if the printer is in the network and if the network is in the trusted zone. All seems fine. When I shut down ZoneAlarm I can print. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Regards, Mantica

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Cannot use printserver

Hi,

PLEASE go to the following thread and hopefully it will solve your problem, if not PLEASE post back, THANKS.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=861#M25192

SlyFox

mantica Guest

Hello SlyFox,

Thanks for your reply. I have seen this message when searching the internet for a solution. Just to be sure, I checked it again today: my network is in the trusted zone and the trusted zone security setting is set to medium. The printserver is in the network, I can acces it by typing the IP adres in my browser. From this screen I can print a testpage, but printing from Word or from the configuration/printers screen does not work.

Thank again,
    Mantica.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi mantica,

PLEASE try the following fix and PLEASE let me know what are the results, THANKS.

Try resetting your database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.

Did you give spoolsv.exe Access Rights at ProgramControl Programs?
    Spoolsv.exe is a Microsoft Windows system executable which handles the printing process to your local printers.

Open ZoneAlarm at your taskbar.

Go to Program Control Programs tab. Scroll down and have a look for spoolsv.exe. Give it Access rights with a mouse click.

A green check mark for Internet and Trusted Zone. You don't have to give it Server Rights.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox

mantica Guest

Hey Slyfox,

I am amazed. This is the first time I tried to get help over the internet, instead of calling or mailing the supplier. I must admit I did nog expect to get help, let alone to get my problem fixed. But it's working again. Thanks a lot. Just curious: what kind of person are you? Do you get payed to give advice? Is it a hobby? Anyway, I did believe in the internet community and in people helping each other. Now I'm sure.

Thanks again.
    Mantica.

Thread Information