Thread: Opening Email Hyperlinks

paulafearheller Guest

Default Opening Email Hyperlinks

Windows XP, Zone Alarm AntiVirus version 6.1.737.000
    True Vector Security version " " "
    I use Mozilla Firefox as well.

I'm hoping that someone will be able to tell me why I can no longer open hyperlinks in my Earthlink email program. After spending too much time with Earthlink tech support and being told it must be a problem with Zone Alarm, I thought I'd ask here.

Whenever I try to access/open a hyperlink within an email, they do not open at all. I literally have to go the website to see if I can find the information there and sometimes unsuccessfully.

For instance, a real estate broker sends me emails with property listings included as hyperlinks. I have no access and am unable to open these within the email itself. The only way to find/read these is to go to the site.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Paula

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:6.1

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Opening Email Hyperlinks

Hello and Welcome Paula,

If the Earthlink mail program you use uses Internet Explorer as its browser it might have something to do with it rather ZoneAlarm,I am not sure what Tech Support from Earthlink had you do so I am just going to make a few suggestions in the dark and see if they help resolve your issue.

Firswt Open Internet Explorer and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings ,this will place all settings back to default,just in case something was changed by a program or by yourself by accident.

Secondly you may have to re-register a few dll's as they may somehow have become corrupted,to do this simply click Start>Run and type these commands into the box and click OK.
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll

This should resolve the Hyperlink problem with Earthlink if and only if it uses IE or one of the Windows applications to view mail.

If this still doesnt resolve the issue repost and let us know,I cannot promise I will follow up to fast as I am out of town and limited to computer time on the net,I am hoping a Guru or other member will help you if I dont respond in a timely manner,good luck.

Thread Information