Thread: Cannot stay online

barneypo Guest

Default Cannot stay online

I am using the free 6.5 version of ZA. Windows XP Home SP2. I have a wireless network setup . Linksys 802.11b.

I have DSL and every night when I go to bed I leave my computer online. When I arise in the AM try to access the Internet I am no longer online and cannot download my email. It always takes a reboot to get online. Today I discovered that if I shut down ZA and then go online with my browser or download my email, everything works just fine. I can start up ZA and things continue to work well until I leave my computer for a long period of time (2 hours or more estimated) and then when I return, I am once again not able to access the internet.

Do I need to change a setting in ZA?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barney

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Cannot stay online

Hi Barneypo
    Try addinge the ip's of DHCP and DNS servers to the trusted zone of ZA. Follow this link how to do that http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23056#M23056
    If this still doesn't solve your problem try the following workaround.If tab firewall main and internet zone security,click custom;in the new window in both trusted and internet check 'allow outgoing DHCP/DNS'.
    Best regards

drift Guest

I've got the same Barneypo's problem..
    I'm on ADSL/Windows XP and running free ZA 65.731.000

After 2 or 3h idling, only apps *already* running can access Internet.. Any other new open application (including browser) won't work 'til I reboot!

First I thought it could be my modem (SpeedStream5200), but after trying to change every available setting, I found out it's actually ZA fault, since everything works again if u turn it off..

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best regards,
    drift

ad_hock Guest

See my previous post.
    Best regards

barneypo Guest

Hi Ad-Hock,
    So far your fix seems to be working. I'll let you know for sure in a day or two.
    Thanks for the help.
    BarneyPo

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome.Let's hope it continues working.Best regards

barneypo Guest

Ad-Hock, It worked overnight so I think you have fixed the problem. Thanks again. BarneyPo

ad_hock Guest

You're very welcome Barneypo
    I believe it did, but if it happens again just post.
    Kind regards

Thread Information