Thread: password and program access changed

winedy Guest

Default password and program access changed

Overnight my password was overwritten, as well as access to programs and components. It may have happened just as I signed in with my license key, instead of the trial. I noticed this when I tried to upgraded to new version 6.5, and my password didm't work. Fisrt I noticed that it was trying to load the upgrade into Temporary Files, and when I changed it to Zone Labs, it refused my password. It has now refused my password for EVERYTHING...even simple settings. I know I have a problem on my computer, the Zone Alarm virus scan was letting trojan horses and worms slip through. What a mess. Any suggestions? This is a new computer, under warrenty, but tech support is through India, and they are rufusing to acknowldge threre is anything wrong with my computer! DUH!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

Message Edited by winedy on 08-01-2006 07:04 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: password and program access changed

Hi, PLEASE try the following fix, if it does not fix the problem, PLEASE post back, Thanks.

A database reset will fix the problem if Zone Alarm is the problem in the first place. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

SlyFox

winedy Guest

Default Re: password and program access changed

THANKS! SLY FOX!!!

Your help worked! While I was in the internet logs folders, I opened up the properties of all the files and under advanced, they were all marked 'Ready for archiving', so I unchecked them. As soon as I rebooted I updated the program to 6.5, and it tried to go to someplace other than ZoneAlarm (vs....something?) I think I stopped it in time, because it did end up in Program Files.

I really appreciate your help! I was going nuts!

Thanks again, Winedy, (Wendy)

Thread Information