Thread: Outlook XP (2002) error 0x8004210A when receiving mail from GoDaddy

psychbiller Guest

Default Outlook XP (2002) error 0x8004210A when receiving mail from GoDaddy

I have ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5.722 installed on Windows XP Pro SP2 with current security patches.I use Outlook XP (2002) to retrieve e-mail via POP from three different hosts. Two of the three work fine (Verizon FIOS and a small, local ISP). The third,hosted by GoDaddy.com, always fails to download my e-mail. Outlook reports error 0x8004210A, which isa timeout waiting for a response from the POP3 server. Logic would dictate that there is a problem with GoDaddy (let's not get started on that).I reviewed many Microsoft Knowledge Base articles about Outlook errors. I worked extensively with a senior technician at GoDaddy, and he advised me to uninstall ZAP completely. I was very reluctant to do so, but it did solve the problem.GoDaddy claims that this is a common problem with many ISPs. Well, I didn't have this problem with older versions of ZAP, so I don't buy that argument entirely. Yet I have read similar stories all over the Web. There's something about how ZAP hooks into the TCP/IP stack, which is beyond my techical abilities.After reading many posts here, I added the POP3 and SMTP servers for all of my hosts, including GoDaddy.com, to the Trusted Zone. It didn't help. I even made sure to make ZAP lookup each server to be certain they were up to date.It looks like I have a lot of company, judging by the number of posts complaining about Outlook problems. Does this issue have any visibility within ZoneLabs?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

wendellbrown Guest

Default Re: Outlook XP (2002) error 0x8004210A when receiving mail from GoDaddy

I had a similar problem, but involving ZASS and a wireless router too (Outlook Express server problem with a GoDaddy email). Turns out the Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router was not compatable with my D-Link Cable Modem. I bought a DLink router and the Outlook problem went away.
    So maybe your modem hardware is a factor. Just a thought.
    However, I am still having several ZA problems since the last two updates, and believe the new ZA version itself has bugs.

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Outlook XP (2002) error 0x8004210A when receiving mail from GoDaddy

After what you say you have done and the post from wendellbrown I suggest you contact Technical Support and see what they have to say http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ch_support.jsp
    Best regards

Thread Information