Thread: Firewall blocking access through my router

Hybrid View

shelly Guest

Default Firewall blocking access through my router

I have been getting an alert stating that the firewall has blocked internet access to a ###.###.#.# (DNS) from my computer. When I looked up what the number was, it seems to be our router. I have also been getting a message from Webroot stating that the network connection failed. It states that if I am using a firewall, please be sure that it allows Spy Sweeper to access the internet. I have checked the configuration on Zonealarm and it seems to be right to me. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: Firewall blocking access through my router

I'm guessing that the address is something along the lines of 192.168.1.1. Make sure that generic host processes for win32 and services and controller app have access in the programs tab. If you still get the alerts about DNS queries being blocked, put the router's address in the trusted zone.

shelly Guest

Thanks MuffinCharizard, but I don't know how to do what you suggested.

muffincharizard Guest

That's ok, I have no problem explaining. To check generic host process for win32/services and controller app permissions, go to the program control tab, then click the programs tab. The two programs should be listed there. To add a IP address to the trusted zone, go to the firewall tab, click the zones tab, then click the add>> button on the bottom right.

Thread Information