Thread: cannot put items in shopping cart

shilohbus Guest

Default cannot put items in shopping cart

Using ZA Pro ver. 6.5.722.000 on Windows XP home. Went to http://www.naturalarearugs.com/rugpads.phpand selected something to order. When I went to my shopping cart it saidshopping cart is empty. In ZA, in the privacy tab,I put green check marks in allcolumns for order.store.yahoo.net and for www.naturalarearugs.com. Still was unable to put items in my shopping cart. I shut down ZA and lo and behold I was able to put items in my shopping cart. How can I make ZA allow me to put items in my shopping cart???

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: cannot put items in shopping cart

I believe you're on the right track but button green check marks will not 'allow' everything in Privacy. I'd like you to try this. Go to your ZASS > Privacy > Site list, right click on the two entries ( naturalarearugs.com and order.store.yahoo.net) then click to 'remove' them. Now click on the 'add' button and manually add them both back to your site list. Next locate the two sites you just entered on the Site List, right click and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

shilohbus Guest

Bill, thanks for your quick reply. I wasn't able to try the steps you advised until now, and unfortunately, they don't work. I still am not able to put items in my shopping cart at that site.

billc Guest

Did you remember to clean your browser cache? If not, you'll likely get a cached page with the blocking still there. If you did clean your cache after the customizing, then try this. Go to your Privacy > Main tab and turn off all your main Privacy blocking and then try the site again. Did that work?

shilohbus Guest

Yes, I had cleaned my browser cache, but I did it in IE as I did not know I could do it in ZA. Would that make a difference? Turning off all the main privacy blocking in the ZA privacy > main tab did the trick. Thanks! And I did turn the privacy blocking back on afterwards.I really appreciate your quick replies and all your help.

campbeld Guest

yes I have experienced similar problems but I'm tired of having to switch privacy protection on and off all the time!!! my mouse finger is sore enough as it is without all this extra clicking ZoneAlarm forces me to do... I just want to "set and forget" then only Accept/Deny as new situations/sites come up... ZoneAlarm is a buggy product and is making my Internet experience WORSE not BETTER.

thecraftypc Guest

I am a Yahoo Small Business store owner and I have been dealing with this issue for a few years now. I finally had to give up using Zone Alarm myself because some of my vendors are also Yahoo stores and shopping was impossible unless I turned ZA off until I got the items into my cart. I still get at least one email a week from a customer with this problem and to be honest with you, I am sick of hearing it and sick of having to tell them the steps to go through just so they can buy from my store. I have made Yahoo Small Business
    aware of
    this issue and get nowhere. So now I am turning here. Since ZA KNOWS this is an issue - WHY aren't they doing something to correct it????

Thread Information