Thread: E-Trust

ballstate Guest

Default E-Trust

NNard you helped me before and it worked for a minute but I accidentally reinstalled only the EZ Trust Firewall and now I can't uninstall it. My problem now is I try to uninstall the EZ Trust firewall program and my pc wont uninstall the program and I can't figure out what Zone-Alarm is connected to preventing me from only uninstalling EZ Trust Antivirus but not EZ Trust Firewall. Any ideas on what I could try?

Default Re: E-Trust

Ballstate, I would download and save a fresh copy of ZoneAlarm to your desktop using Internet Explorer without the use of any download accelerators. Please disconnect from the internet and proceed toremove eTrust firewall and ZoneAlarm because they use similar (almost identical) files and folders when installing. I am posting a link below for new uninstall/reinstall instructions to help you remove the files/folders in question. Please post back on your results.http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103

Message Edited by NNard on 08-31-2006 08:43 PM

ballstate Guest

NN, I will try that and see if it works, currentlyI am on a laptop which is okay butit's my desktop which ishaving the issues. How do I find Zone Alarms when there is no icon and when I do a search I find a folderand so other things which tell me their are currently running an application and it could be harmful for me to close them. That's where my confusion lies as I can see EZ Trust in the add/remove programs but nothing pertaining to Zone Labs. I am still going to forward the link to home based pc and see it that works. Right now I am frustrated so I will post my results tomorrow before I totally mess something up.Thanks again for replying.BallState

Ballstate, remove eTrust fromAll Programson the START menu if an uninstaller is available under the eTrust folder, if not then use Add or Remove Programsin the control paneland then proceed todelete the remaining files. The application that is running which is preventing you from deleting isthe TrueVector Security engine (found in all ZoneLabs security products and in this case eTrust firewall) which is why it is best to completely uninstall and delete all files involved before installing ZoneAlarm againfortrouble free performance on your desktop. I would also run a disk cleanup and defragment before installing ZoneAlarm. Good luck and please post back. Regards, NNard.*Please be sure to disconnect from the internet*

ballstate Guest

NNard,I went through the steps to remove zonelabs from the registry. It did work however I was not able to find anything under the HKEY_USERS\Software\Zone Labs folder. Also I reinstalled zone labs but do not see any icons and the program isn't listed under add/remove programs so I am not sure if I am protected or not. Thanks for the help with resloving this issue.Ballstate

Ballstate, if the ZoneLabs folder is not listed under All Programs in your START menu and not listed in Add/Remove programs in the control panel, then check your running processes under Windows task manager and see if vsmon.exe is listed and running and also zlclient.exe (which you may not see if you don't see the ZA icon in your notification area). If this is the case and you are able to see vsmon.exe running, then the TrueVector security engine is running (whether it is still eTrust needs to be determined) but please make sure that you have a firewall enabled before connecting to the internet (enable Windows firewall until this matter is resolved).Please post back and advise on your status. Good luck and regards.NNard

Thread Information