Thread: Please help with recurrence of problem (re: access to secure sites).

virginian Guest

Default Please help with recurrence of problem (re: access to secure sites).

Hi there, Bill and other gurus. Could someone please help me with this problem? Bill showed me how to fix it, and the fix works temporarily. However the problem keeps returning. I am wondering if there isa way to fix it so I don't have to keep starting from scratch with the firewall. Here is the link to the topic: http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=27105Thanks for any help you can give. Virginian

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

billc Guest

Default Re: Please help with recurrence of problem (re: access to secure sites).

Are you using Zone Alarm Free or a trial version of Zone Alarm Pro / ZASS ? Once you've set your database, this problem should not re-occur. Make sure you've cleaned your browser cache.

virginian Guest

Default Re: Please help with recurrence of problem (re: access to secure sites).

Hi Bill, I am pretty sure this is the free Zone Alarm. When I open the ZA window, there is a gray bar across the bottom saying to click there if you want to upgrade to Zone Alarm Pro. So if I need to upgrade, I don't think I have the pro version already. The problemis still happening, even when i clear the browser cache.Could this be an AOL incompatibility issue, maybe? Or is there some setting on ZA I could be missing? Thanks again,Virginian

virginian Guest

This is what it says when I go to the "About" section for the program I have: ZoneAlarm version:6.5.722.000
    TrueVector version:6.5.722.000
    Driver version:6.5.722.000

thetankftc Guest

I work for an ISP that recently started using the full version of ISS for our company PC's and to distribute to our customers. I have found that there are so many problems with the ISS that the best solution to all of them is to uninstall the software. Don't reinstall it and go with something better. I recommend Avast.

virginian Guest

Default Re: It is working now. Sorry about that.

I only checked one secure site before, but I think it is actually the site that was down, because I can access it now, along with other places. Thank you again for all your help, Bill. Sorry about the mixup. Virginian

Thread Information