Thread: cannot access my mail server on my ISP site (POP3 and SMTP)

amosss Guest

Default cannot access my mail server on my ISP site (POP3 and SMTP)

Hi

The Background

My computer is a client in SBS network.

My computer runs winXP with sp2

My server runs SBS 2000 with ISA server

My ISP is: *** netvision.net.il ***

My computer runs an ISA client program.

My POP3 mail server is: *** mail.netvision.net.il *** it s IP is: 194.90.9.16

My SMTP server is *** mailgw.netvision.net.il *** it s IP is: 194.90.9.22

The SBS server is connected to the internet (cable) and it runs an ISA server

Never before had problems connecting my POP3 and SMTP servers on Netvision via MS Outlook

The Problem

Following the installation of the ZA Internet security suit v6.5 (about 2 weeks ago) cannot contact the POP3 and SMTP servers on Netvision. and cannot download and/or upload my e-mails

The outlook message is after trying to test my account: Send test e-mail message: Unable to connect the outgoing mail server (SMTP)

While Sending and receiving mail from the main OUTLOOK interface fails reporting the Error message: Sending and receiving mail reported error (0X800CCC0F): the connection to the server interrupted if the problem continues contact your server admin or ISP

Another problem that aroused that seems to be somewhat connected is the failure of the attempts to download the ZA antivirus update via the ZA interface ( Error: receive failed )

Despite the above problems surfing the internet and even netvision.net.il is no problem

Things I tried (ALL failed):

I defined both IPs (194.90.9.16 and 194.90.9.22) as Trusted Zones

I added for them an 2 expert definitions with TCP + POP3 and SMTP respectively

I tried to Ping to 194.90.9.16 and 194.90.9.22 and received Destination host unreachable.

I tried to Telnet to 194.90.9.16 110 and 194.90.9.22 25 but the command failed and cleared my CMD screen.

I disabled the ISA client

I disabled the windows firewall

As noted above nothing worked

Any IDEA what should I do next ?

10Q

Amos

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: cannot access my mail server on my ISP site (POP3 and SMTP)

I'm not sure I've got a complete understanding of your set-up but I'm going to try to help. Assume your e-mail client worked before the installation of ZASS, the first thing I'd like for you to try is go to your Zone Alarm > Overview > Preferences panel, uncheck the 'Load ZASS at Startup' option then reboot. Does your e-mail work as it should now? If it does, then recheck the load at boot option and post back.

Thread Information