Thread: can't access any program after upgrade

botfly Guest

Default can't access any program after upgrade

ZA Sec. Suiteoriginal install ver is the only ver that runs without conflicting with programs. Any upgrade creates a popup box "no access" to ANY program, includung ZASS. Can open win explorer. Can't open any files, not even a .txt file. After trying to install upgrades twice I have only had to reinstall the original version and it works fine.Current version info: ZASS: 6.1.744.001 True Vec: 6.1.744.001 Driver: 6.1.744.001Anti Virus Vet Engine: 11.9.1.000 DAT file:11.9.9965.000Anti Spy Engine: 4.1.7.0 DAT file: 01.200609.340 Anti Spam: 4.8.0.6787

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: can't access any program after upgrade

See if this will work. First do a 'clean' uninstall of the version of ZASS that is working for you. Once you've done that, download a fresh ZASS program from the Zone Labs site and then try the installation again. I think something is not getting changed properly when you've tried the upgrade. Here are the 'clean' uninstall instructions:

<fieldset>
    <legend>Clean Uninstall</legend>Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.</fieldset>

botfly Guest

Default Re: can't access any program after upgrade

Thanks Bill,

I thought of that after I reinstalled the old version and didn't feel like trying it out experimentally. Now I'll give it a go!

Thread Information