Thread: slow internet connection

chefbilly Guest

Default slow internet connection

My internet connection seems real slow somtimes when ZA security suite is running. It seems fine when it's disabled. My isp says I have a good connection. Can anyone give me some tips on speeding it up without sacrificing security. I have a n XP media center pc, also I have been running ZA on other computers for about 4 years with no problems.

Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: slow internet connection

If you haven't cleaned your computer with the Disk Cleanup utility, you should do that now. In case you don't know, you can find Disk Cleanup in Programs > Accessories > System Tools.

If you turn off your Main Privacy blocking, that too should spend up the rendering of your pages. I don't worry about cookies and ads because I clean my machine regularly; in my view, they are not dangerous.

chefbilly Guest

Default Re: slow internet connection

Thanks for the info. I tried both and it seems a bit faster.Some pages seem like they are fully open but the status at the bottom says it is still opening. It just seems very strange to me. My laptop also does the same thing ( it also runs ZA security suite ). Thanks Chefbilly, Fuquay-Varina NC.

Thread Information