Thread: keeps on asking

xstream Guest

Default keeps on asking

Zone alarmtells me at every single reboot that lexpps.exe is trying to act as a server. Figuring that this is my Lexmark printer, I allow it and check the "always" button. However, after each reboot, it asks me again! why wont it remember?Also, 2nd part, every month or so, it detects a new network, always my same cable internet, yet it acts like its new, what the story on that?thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: keeps on asking

Hi xstream and welcome to the forum. In response to your first question, please change the SmartDefense Advisor under Program Control for that program from Auto to Custom if that does not happen initially when you click on Allow from the Lexmark alert and please remember to check 'Remember this setting'. In regards to your second question, that could be your DHCP server (cable company) renewing and changing the IP address causing ZA to detect a new network. You can avoid that in the future if you go to the Firewall tab, click on Advanced, and under Network settings check "Exclude networks from the Trusted Zone upon detection". I hope this information helps.

ai_tak Guest

Default Re: keeps on asking

Go into program control and remove that program, see if it remembers your selection next time.

Thread Information