Thread: Zone Alarm blocks internet access when using Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote

jdredd Guest

Default Zone Alarm blocks internet access when using Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote

I'm trying to use Check Point along with Zone Alarm but end up having to shut down Zone Alarm in order to access the internet. As per technical support here at my school I tried adding the following three files to the allowed programs list in Zone Alarm: SR_GUI.exe, SR_Service.exe, and SR_Watchdog.exe, but all internet traffic is still being blocked. I'm using the free version, so I'm guessing that's why there's no option to allow VPN protocol in the Firewall > Advanced settings as someone esle suggested to me. I'm using Windowx XP Pro SP2, Zonealarm v6.5.731.000, and AVG Antivirus v7.1.405. Any help as to how I can get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Dredd

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Zone Alarm blocks internet access when using Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote

Hi

Give the components server rights and see what happens.

Also is the firewall using DHCP? Then put the address of the firewall as Trusted in the Zones, along with the endpoint address(s) and the DNS servers of your provider.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

jdredd Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm blocks internet access when using Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote

How do I find out what the address of the firewall and the endpoint addresses and DNS server of my provider is? My provider is the school's wireless network that I'm connected to. Also, won't adding the network to my trusted zone give everyone on this network access to my computer?

Thanks,
    JDredd

Thread Information