Thread: ZA Blocks laptop from printing

smudgeboss Guest

Default ZA Blocks laptop from printing

Hi guys and gals:I picked up a thread here before that solved this problem, but they had to wash my harddrive on my desktop so I have to start all over again. Anyway . . .My wife's laptop cannot print over the wireless network when ZA is on. If I turn ZA off it prints quite all right. If I remember rightly it took just one little step, checking a box or unchecking one or something like that. I don't remember what to do, and I can't find the thread again. What do I do?Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: ZA Blocks laptop from printing

Hi

spoolsv.exe is the component.Give it a Super and checks for the Trusted Zone and Trusted Zone Server.

Take care.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

ad_hock Guest

You don't say how your network is seted up, is it a router,modem/router, ICS it doesn't seems to be as you use ZA free . If it's a router , and I'll assume that to move on quicker add your network to trusted zone of ZA (it should be something like 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0). It wouldn't be bad idea to add the ip's if DHCP and DNS servers to the trusted zone too.Follow this link.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23056#M23056 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Than go to your programs list and locate the entry for the printer and insure it has access in trusted zone and if necessary server rights but only in trusted zone (put a red cross in server internet).Trusted zone should be at medium.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Please give feed back if it solved the problem,if not give some more details about the wireless network, about the setting up.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Best regards

ad_hock Guest

Hi OldsodGood synchronazation on tipping.Take care AD

Hi Ad-Hock

Thanks for the help- I forgot about the addresses.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-13-2006 07:13 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.1
    Best regards.
    oldsod

ad_hock Guest

Hi OldsodI always find amusing this coincidences when we are in the forum and tiping more or less at the same time to answer to the same post. Now that the helper's number has increased the probability also increases.Good to speak with you.Kind regards AD

Hi Ad-Hock

How true. Nice talking to you as well.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

smudgeboss Guest

Hey Ad-Hoc and Alsop thanks. My wife tried printing last night and didn't have to shut zone alarm off to make it happen. I appreciate your wisdom and willingness to share it.Thanks again. It worked.Smudgeboss

smudgeboss Guest

Sorry, it's Oldsod not Alsop. Thanks anyway.:8}

ad_hock Guest

You're welcomeI'm glad and Guru Oldsod too I'm sure, that it did solve your wife'sproblem. About the nick names don't worry he is a nice guy and understands that.Best regards

Message Edited by Ad-Hock on 09-14-2006 10:19 PM

Thread Information