Thread: Start up won't clear

kvjgrvs Guest

Default Start up won't clear

My daughters new laptop shows logged on to wireless connection with excellent signal; no web browser or pages will come up. In ZA help it said to make sure the "Load Zone Labs at start up" box will clear,(it won't). If it will not clear I'm supposed to contact ZA tech support which I have not been able to.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

billc Guest

Default Re: Start up won't clear

If you can't change the settings in Zone Alarm try a 'clean' uninstall followed by a fresh install. I think your installation is corrupt. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

Thread Information