Thread: Network Problem

alazarrulz Guest

Default Network Problem

I installed a network adapter card to my main computer, which has a direct internet cable connection. I then used a crossover ethernet cable to link to the ethernet port on my other computer. I then setup the network. The network is setup and works fine, except when i try to connect to the internet on my second computer. If i turn off ZA on the first or gateway computer then the second computer connects without a problem to the net. I can see both comps on either computer, so that is not an issue. I attempted to take some advice on here from previous post, such as gateway settings and adding IP's to the trusted zone. The second computers IP is setup in the trusted zone in the gateway comp. As well as the network being setup in the trusted zone. I even setup both for the gateway comp in the second computers trusted zone and still nothing. I can simply not connect at all unless ZA is shut down on the gateway comp. I have tried most everything I could find on here and none of it works. Not sure waht to do now.

I have ZA running on both comps and I need help. How can I resolve this. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Network Problem

Try following this notes made by Guru Bill how to configure ZA to work with ICS.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23158#M23158<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Best regards

alazarrulz Guest

already tried that solution and still no help.

ad_hock Guest

If you followed all the steps in those instructions try one thing just for information. Put internet zone security at medium in the gateway computer and see if you can access the internet with the client computer.Best regards

afumcbill Guest

In Guru Bills advice, he mentioned making note of your ISP DNS server addresses.I have found that it can be a big help to add them to your client machines configuration.Specifically (assuming you are running WindowsXP)1. Right Click on 'My Network Places'2. Select 'Properties' from the drop down menu.3. Right Click on your LAN connection to your ICSmachine.4. Select 'Properies' from the drop down menu.5. Select 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)'6. Under the 'General ' tab you will find selections for obtaining your DNS Server automatically or using the following. You may want to try 'Use the Following' and popping in your ISPs' DNS server addresses here.My 2 cents. YMMV.Good Luck.

thebranmeister Guest

Any resolutions yet?
    I'm having a similar issue.
    Except ZA will not keep my network in the Trusted zone.
    It kkeps finding a new network and using a different IP address.

Thread Information