I have three computers at home which are connected via an ethernet switch and lan cables.
The switch is connected to a Tcom Sinus 1054 DSL router.
Each computer has its own display and I use version 1.2.7 of Synergy2 (freeware: http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/), which enables me to share a single mouse and keyboard between them.
This is particularly useful as I do a lot of web design and can test web pages in different browsers on different monitors.
The synergy server is installed on my main computer.
The synergy client is installed on the other two.
So, everything was working fine until I installed the latest version of ZoneAlarm Personal edition on my main computer. The other two computers are running the windows firewall.
I configured everything so that the computers have fixed IP addresses, which I entered into the firewall so that communication between the computers worked fine.
I told the firewall that synergy was a trusted program and to allow it to access the network.
However since installing ZoneAlarm, synergy still works but the mouse pointer is utterly jumpy when I use it on the two client computers (a bit like something from a windows 95 computer) which makes the program all but unuseable. For example it is a complete mission just to get the pointer to stop over the browsers back button.
I have tried all possible combinations of all possible settings but the only thing that worked was uninstalling ZoneAlarm.
Can anyone help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
Software Version: