Thread: Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error 0x800CCC0F

Hybrid View

freddyg Guest

Default Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error 0x800CCC0F

ZoneAlarm Pro (15 day trial) 6.5.737.000XP Pro SP2Kaspersky AntiVirus 6.0
    I keep getting a sporadic Send/Receive error of 0x800CCC0F from Outlook. At times I get the EMail with no problems and at
    other times I get the error. Hitting the
    "Send/Receive" button sometimes works and sometimes generates the same error. This has been happening sporadically all day long. This is my second day of having ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky installed. No problems prior to ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky.
    Running on a 3 PC network with a DSL router.

The applications currently running are IE Explorer, Outlook and TradeStation.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error 0x800CCC0F

If it is sporadic as you said, I'd suggest you try adding your e-mail sever IP to your Zone Alarm Trusted zone.Go to your Firewall > Zones panel, click on the 'add' button, select the first option "Host?Site", enter your server's URL. It will be something like mail.your_ISP.com . See if that helps.

freddyg Guest

Where do I find my EMail server IP??? My "Incoming Mail Server" in Outlook is "incoming.verizon.net". Is this what you are talking about??
    I have found that ZA is blocking an outgoing from svchost.exe to 68.238.0.12:53 when I startup Outlook. I added that address to the trusted zone but it did not help. The "Hacker Id" of this site is my ISP.
    Partial of "Hacker Id"OrgName:

Verizon Internet Services Inc.
    OrgID:

VRIS
    Address:

1880 Campus Commons Dr
    City:

Reston
    StateProv:
    VA
    PostalCode: 20191

US

NetRange:

68.236.0.0 - 68.239.255.255
    CIDR:

68.236.0.0/14
    NetName:

VIS-68-236
    NetHandle:
    NET-68-236-0-0-1
    Parent:

NET-68-0-0-0-0
    NetType:

Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.BELLATLANTIC.NET
    NameServer: NS2.BELLATLANTIC.NET
    NameServer: NS2.VERIZON.NET
    NameServer: NS4.VERIZON.NET

billc Guest

Freddy. When you go to your Zone Alarm > Firewall > Zones panel, click on the 'add' button, select the first option, enter incoming.verizon.net in the 'Host Name' box, then click 'look up' and Zone Alarm will find the IP for you. Make sure you select the Trusted zone for the mail server.

freddyg Guest

I followed your instructions and added the "incoming.verizon.net" to the trusted zone and the "lookup" came up with an IP of 206.46.232.10. I shutdown Outlook and restarted it but I still
    get the same error sporadically.
    Is there a possible conflict between Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm???

billc Guest

Yes, there is a possibility of a food fight between Zone Alarm and Kaspersky. The newer versions of Kaspersky have a 'worm protection' option as part of the AV application. Effectively this is a partial firewall that blocks certain 'known' ports used by worms. If your Kaspersky has such an option, turn it off. Zone Alarm will protect you against worms and in this case more protection is not better. Also make sure in your Zone Alarm Program Control > Programs you've granted the Kaspersky program 'Send Mail' privileges as well as 'access' in both zones.

Thread Information