Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error 0x800CCC0F

billc Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error 0x800CCC0F

This is a challenge. ....It could be a problem in your Outlook settings. See if this helps:

1. Start Outlook.
    2. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
    3. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
    4. Click your POP3 account, and then click Change.
    5. Click More Settings.
    6. Click the Advanced tab.
    7. Increase the server timeout setting and see if that will resolve the problem.

I'm suggesting this because you said the problem is sporadic. Any luck this time?

BTW, Castle Cops is a great forum and both Kaspersky & Zone Alarm Pro are great programs. I agree with your findings.

billc Guest

Ah. I just made another post below. It would not hurt to do this as well. Maybe the mail data packets are taking too much time going through both Zone Alarm Pro & Kaspersky filters.

You did say that you've granted Kaspersky 'access' and 'Send Mail', correct? Is the problem just on 'receiving' mail or both sending & receiving?

Try another test. Turn off MailSafe in your Zone Alarm Pro and see if that helps.

freddyg Guest

(1) The "server timeout" in Outlook was set to 1 minute and I set it to 2 minutes but I still get the error.(2) I only get the error during the "Receive" and have never got it during the "Send".(3) I had turned off the MailSafe setting when I first got this error but to no avail. It is currently on.
    For some reason I have had very few errors today. Yesterday I was getting them continuously all day long as I was the prior day. I set the timeout to 2 minutes, hit the Send/Receive 25 times and had no errors. I set it back to 1 minute, hit it 5 times and got and error. I changed it back to 2 minutes, hit Send/Receive 2 times and got the error - very strange.

billc Guest

You're right...strange. I'd leave the Time-Out at two minutes; it seems to be marginally better. By chance is your e-mail client trying to check more than one mail box? I ask that because my e-mail client (Pegasus) will sometimes give me the same sort of error when checking the second mail box after receiving something in the first mail box.

You know, it could be your mail server is just busy and there is not a problem with your programs? You think?

freddyg Guest

(1) Time out is set for 2 minutes(2) I only have one EMail account/box setup in Outlook(3) My wife has the same account but different mail box
    and no problems. She is running Norton Internet Security.(4) I have had problems with Verizon EMail in the past but it was few and far between. When I had the problem it was down not sporadic like this.(5a) I took down Kaspersky and hit the Send/Receive 100 times and had no errors.(5b) I brought Kaspersky back up and hit Send/Receive another 100 times and got 5 errors. Again, yesterday and the day before I was getting them continuously all day long and that was without me hitting the send/receive - just from Outlook polling.(5c) With Kaspersky up I then shutdown ZA, hit the Send/Receive 100 times and had no errors(5d) So if I run Kaspersky
    OR ZoneAlarm I don't get errors but if I have them
    BOTH running I get errors. I don't know how meaningfull this is since the error is so infrequent today.(8) Kaspersky had me run a script that generated a text file which I sent to them

billc Guest

Would you also pass the though information along to Zone Labs Technical Support ? They might be able to provide additional guidance on this issue with which I'm not familiar.

I'm curious if you've tried just turning off the mail scanning function of Kaspersky while leaving the AV running? It certainly appears the problem has something to do with the filtering of your mail when both applications handle the mail data packet.

freddyg Guest

I turned off the EMail anti-virus and got the error on the first "Send/Receive"
    Will send issue on to Tech Support and will mention the forum entries.

freddyg Guest

FYI
    I got rid of Kaspersky and installed BitDefender 8.0 and my problem disappeared!!!

chardo Guest

I am having the identical problem that you've described.
    I too am receiving
    sporadic send/receive "connection to the server was interrupted: 0x800CCC0F" errors from Outlook. I also have Kaspersky Antivirus installed.
    This
    only happens when ZoneAlarm Pro and Kaspersky are both enabled.
    If either is disabled the error never occurs. I've further
    discovered that if I disable scanning on port 110 (POP3 inbound mail) in Kaspersky while ZoneAlarm Pro is active, this too eliminates the error. However, I worry that disabling scanning on
    incoming mail in Kaspersky creates a vulnerability.
    I've seen numerous posts from individuals who have ZoneAlarm Pro and Kaspersky antivirus running without issue. Has anyone encountered and overcome this problem?
    System particulars are:
    Windows XP Pro PS2
    ZoneAlarm Pro v6.5.737.000
    Kaspersky Antivirus v6.0.1.411
    Many thanks.

freddyg Guest

I worked with both Kaspersky and ZA and was never able to resolve this. Kaspersky was not much help.
    I finally uninstalled Kaspersky (trial version) and replaced it with BitDefender and the problem disappeared. I am now running ZA Pro 6.5.737 and BitDefender 10 and have never had problems of any kind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information